Thursday, January 27, 2011

Illinois High Court Rules Rahm Emanuel Can Run For Chicago Mayor. What A Joke

Who did Rahm-bo have rustled up to be allowed to be on the ballot for Chicago's mayoral election? Seriously though, I mean, there was questions about eligibility, and a couple of other things and the state court tells him he cannot run and now the high court says he can. If this was me, and not so "high profiled", I wouldn't be allowed to run. The high court would had upheld the lower courts decision.

Yahoo!/AP: Illinois' highest court put Rahm Emanuel back in the race for Chicago mayor Thursday, three days after a lower court threw the former White House chief of staff off the ballot because he had not lived in the city for a full year.

The state Supreme Court ruled unanimously in Emanuel's favor, saying an appeals court decision that said the candidate needed to be physically present in Chicago was "without any foundation in Illinois law."

"As I said from the beginning, I think the voters deserve the right to make the choice of who should be mayor," Emanuel said shortly after getting word of the high court's action. "I'm not quite sure emotionally where I'm at."


Read the whole thing here

No comments: