These are some gaudy numbers. The President calls for no more earmarks and responsibility (video here via Townhall), but people in own party are still trying to add earmarks and ram bills down our throats. Come on...
h/t The Lonely Conservative
Via John Boehner's website:
With the unemployment rate near 10 percent and the national debt climbing by the day, it is clear that America’s economy cannot afford for Democrats’ reckless spending binge to continue. Here is a by-the-numbers look at how Democrats’ latest spending spree will add to their already-extensive record of fiscal failure:
* 6,600: Total number of earmarks in the Senate Democrats’ pork-laden omnibus spending bill. (The Hill, 12/14/10)
* 1,924: Number of pages in the Senate Democrats’ pork-laden omnibus spending bill. (The Washington Post, 12/15/10)
* $575.13 Million: Amount of spending per page in the Senate Democrats’ pork-laden omnibus spending bill. (The Washington Times, 12/14/10)
* $78 Billion: Amount of taxpayer money that would be saved if Congress would adopt the Republicans’ plan to cut spending back to pre-‘stimulus,’ pre-bailout levels as outlined in the Pledge to America. (Pledge to America, Accessed 12/15/10)
* $1 Billion: Funding included in the omnibus bill for the implementation of Democrats’ job-killing health care law, including $176 million to implement Medicare Advantage cuts. (The Hill, 12/14/10)
* 20,785: Number of earmarks President Obama signed into law his first two years in office. (Taxpayers for Common Sense, 2/17/10)
* 84 Percent: Increase in non-defense discretionary government spending since President Obama took office. (House Budget Republicans, 6/4/10)
* $3.22 Trillion: Amount added to the debt on President Obama and Washington Democrats’ watch. (U.S. Department of the Treasury, Accessed 12/15/10)
* 0: Number of budgets passed by Democrats this year.
Read the full article on Boehner's site here