Thursday, October 7, 2010

Doc Halladay Throws 2nd No-Hitter In Postseason History

This was awesome when I heard it. I love baseball, basically all sports. I'm not a Phillies fan, I have been a Padres and Red Sox fan my whole life, but they do have an awesome team and for the last decade it seems, Roy Halladay has been one of the most dominant pitchers. I'm glad that he finally has gotten a chance to be in the postseason and he didn't disappoint. He threw only the second no-hitter in postseason history. Some had wondered if it would ever happen again. Don Larsen though, still has the only perfect game in postseason history. Roy almost had that, but he walked one batter. This is a great way to start the postseason in general. I think it's going to be a good one. Great job "Doc" Roy Halladay!


Yahoo! Sports: Deep inside the tunnel next to the Philadelphia Phillies dugout is a chair. It is tucked away behind a short stairwell, hidden from the dugout, with a small television as the only connection to everything happening outside. This is where Roy Halladay(notes) often goes between innings of the games he pitches and where he sat each inning Wednesday evening as he became the second pitcher to throw a no-hitter in a postseason game.

Read more here

No comments: