On both articles, read the whole thing. They’re trying to “get around the pesky issue of national sovereignty. Do you think anyone in the Obama administration will stand up for US sovereignty? This stuff has been in the works for years. As I have written before - Global Governance is bad and should not be supported.
Fox News: After a Year of Setbacks, U.N. Looks to Take Charge of World’s Agenda
After a year of humiliating setbacks, United Nations Secretary General Ban ki-Moon and about 60 of his top lieutenants — the top brass of the entire U.N. system — spent their Labor Day weekend at a remote Austrian Alpine retreat, discussing ways to put their sprawling organization in charge of the world’s agenda.
Details concerning the two-day, closed-door sessions in the comfortable village of Alpbach were closely guarded. Nonetheless, position papers for the meeting obtained by Fox News indicate that the topics included:
– how to restore “climate change” as a top global priority after the fiasco of last year’s Copenhagen summit;
– how to continue to try to make global redistribution of wealth the real basis of that climate agenda, and widen the discussion further to encompass the idea of “global public goods”;
– how to keep growing U.N. peacekeeping efforts into missions involved in the police, courts, legal systems and other aspects of strife-torn countries;
– how to capitalize on the global tide of migrants from poor nations to rich ones, to encompass a new “international migration governance framework”;
– how to make “clever” use of new technologies to deepen direct ties with what the U.N. calls “civil society,” meaning novel ways to bypass its member nation states and deal directly with constituencies that support U.N. agendas.
Canada Free Press: Livable Communities is a Socialist Trap
Sen. Christopher Dodd (D-CT) has authored a bill S.1619 titled the “Livable Communities Act.” It is one of the most dangerous bills to ever threaten our liberty. Worse even than the Obamacare scheme.
S.1619 creates a new permanent federal office: The Office of Sustainable Housing and Communities” for the enforcement of this bill the “Development Czar” if you will.
Sen. Dodd is lying when he says S.1619 is purely voluntary. The $4 billion in grants will be used by radical green groups (who helped write it) to force your city council to comply. If our city says no to the pressure to take the grant money—the radical greens will tell your citizens that their city officials are losing them millions of dollars that is owed to the community. Then, when the council caves into the pressure and takes the money, it will force compliance. THAT IS NOT VOLUNTARY—IT IS BLACKMAIL.
Senator Dodd will tell you that the bill is simply about uniformity to control development to save energy and to preserve rural areas. That is not true. After 15 years of fighting Sustainable policy I can assure you it is about control. Sustainablist policy focuses on three things: land use, redistribution of wealth, and population control.S.1619 sets up a system for federally mandated housing uniformity, forcing homeowners to put on new roofs and windows, new “energy efficient’ appliances, etc. (Which could cost each homeowner upwards of $35,000.00)
* S.1619 will establish top down control that turns our communities into little soviets, driven by non-elected boards, councils and regional governments.
* As it reduces the amount of land available for homes (smart growth) S.1619 will have to lead to the establishment of federally mandated family planning for population control.
* And of course: it will raise taxes.
h/t The Lonely Conservative
Canada Free Press