Saturday, September 11, 2010

9/11 - 9 Years Later - Never Forget And Never Surrender


I still remember this day and I would say it is safe to say that 9/11/01 is my age/generations "Pearl Harbor". It is just one of those things that is burned into my mind and I will never forget. To this day, when I see video of the towers burning and especially when that 2nd plane hit, I can't help get mad and slightly tear up and people need to remember, that's why we are fighting. To stop radicals and people like that, who want to harm our great nation.

I was in ROTC years ago and have cousins and friends who have been in the military for years and my great uncle (who is still alive) who fought in WWII and Korea, so I've always supported the military and loved America. But when this happened, not only did adrenaline kick in, but my perspective on things become clearer and my love for this great nation went up 10 fold.

It was great how everyone came together and for a while there, politics didn't reign supreme, Patriotism did and it too bad it couldn't be like that more often. I'm probably getting off track, but all in all - Never Forget, Never Surrender and God Bless America!

P.S. History Channel has been showing stories and videos of 9/11 since last night.


Here is a link to USA Today that shows all the updates of ceremonies from when the time the planes hit the World Trade Center at 8:46 am up to now. President Obama spoke a the Pentagon, the First Lady Michelle Obama and former First Lady Laura Bush both spoke at Shanksville, PA, and Vice President Biden attended Ground Zero.

Here is a link from the Reaganite Republican that has some pictures and great links to other awesome blogs out there that tell the story and shows the pictures from that fateful day. I suggest you check them out. I did. Great job from everyone. Thanks for those links.

Below is a video that was on The Left Coast Resistance's page with the song "Have You Forgotten" by Darryl Worley who sings about 9/11 and the video has images from that day as well.

No comments: