Tuesday, April 21, 2009

My Response To The Miss America Controversy

So I was watching the news and supposedly, Miss California (who finished 1st runner up), lost the crown because of her response to celeb blogger Perez Hiltons' question about gay marriage. Her response was: "I think it's great that Americans are able to choose one or the other," Prejean responded. "But in my country, and in my family, I think that I believe that marriage should be between a man and a woman. No offense to anybody out there, but that's how I was raised." The crowd cheered.

I am glad that she spoke from the heart and is standing by her statement. Perez Hilton then got on his blog after the pageant and called her a "dumb bitch". Just because she didn't give the politically correct response and or the response he wanted to hear is no reason for him or any judge to make a remark like that.

Perez Hilton then apologized for using the b-word, then retracted his apology. What an idiot. You know man, I could call you some offensive words as well but I won't stoop to your low life level. A mass majority of Americans actually agree with what Miss California said. Look outside your little liberal Hollywood circle. You don't speak for the everyday person.

Bob Beckel a Fox News Democrat and contributor said on a recent article, "...I am appalled that the question was raised at all. Given the fact that the questioner, celebrity blogger Perez Hilton, is gay makes it appear that he is injecting his own politics into what is after all just a beauty contest. It’s time to cool the rhetoric on both sides on the gay marriage issue and leave it to state legislatures and the courts which is where the debate belongs". I agree and then I will take that to the next level, people should vote on it as well since this is a democracy.

Good for you Miss California.

No comments: